Peru 9 Nights – Cusco, Sacred Valley, Puno and Titicaca Lake
- 8 nights in Peru high quality Hotels
- All tours stated in the itinerary with English-speaking guides
- All transfers and entrance fees
- All breakfasts
- Private Airport Shuttle in & out
- 24/7 Assistance
- Trains and buses
- A prepaid cellphone for extended Programs
- Internal Flights
- Lunch or Dinner
DAY 1: LIMA ARRIVAL
Arrival and Transfer A representative will greet you at the airport and transport you to your Lima hotel.
Night in Lima
DAY 2: CUSCO ARRIVAL
After breakfast at your hotel, an authorized representative transport you to the airport to catch your flight to Cusco. Upon your arrival, a representative will greet you and transport you to your selected Cusco hotel.
Night in Cusco
DAY 3: CUSCO CITY TOUR
After breakfast at your hotel, a representative will pick you up to take you to your guided tour.
Guided Tour of Cusco and Surroundings
- Historical capital of Peru
- Incan and Spanish Colonial architecture
- Cathedral of Santo Domingo, a Baroque church built on the ruins of the opulent Incan Koricancha Palace (Temple of the Sun)
- Incan holy place of Q’enko, an amphitheater once used for ceremonial sacrifices
- Incan monument of Tambomachay, ceremonial site of water worship
- Sacsayhuaman, an Incan fortress and site of the Inti Raymi (Fiesta del Sol), most notable for its hand-carved stones up to 9m tall and weighing over 350 tons
- Incan tambo (travelers’ rest stop) of Puka Pukara
DAY 4: SACRED VALLEY TOUR
Breakfast and Transfer Following an early breakfast at your Cusco hotel, a representative will pick you up for a short bus ride to the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Pisac Visit This small town with its exquisite architecture is the perfect place to purchase authentic Andean souvenirs.
Tour of Ollantaytambo This Incan site began as a palace, but was eventually used in the last Incan stand against the invading Spanish conquistadors. Whether palace or fortress, these ruins offer an unforgettable view of the surrounding area.
Transfer and Evening at Leisure ,you will take the train to Aguas Calientes. Upon your arrival, a representative will greet you and escort you to your hotel.
Night in Aguas Calientes
DAY 5: MACHU PICCHU TOUR
A representative will pick you up from your hotel for your Machu Picchu tour. You will go on a short 20-minute bus ride to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu, one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Insight into the construction history of Machu Picchu
- Information on Hiram Bingham’s discovery of this sacred site in 1911
- Explanation of the most significant architectural features, including the Sun Stone, Sun Temple, and Room of the Three Windows
- Leisure time after the guided portion to allow for photography and contemplation
- Transfer and Evening at Leisure In the late afternoon, you will take the train back to Cusco, where you can spend another leisurely evening shopping for last-minute souvenirs or dining in style.
Night in Cusco
DAY 6: SUN ROAD TOUR CUSCO TO PUNO
- Depart Cusco (7:00 am)
- Andahuaylillas, a town that is home to the Sistene Chapel of America, a colonial church noted for its sixteenth and seventeenth century murals
- Raqchi (Wiracocha Temple), an Incan archaeological site showcasing typical terraces, public baths, and aqueduct systems
- Buffet lunch at small town of Sicuani, where you will enjoy Novo Andina cuisine, a pairing of meats with traditional grains and produce
- La Raya, situated on a highland plateau (4313m or 14,147 ft.), the border town between Cusco and Puno
- Pukara, noted for its great pyramid built by the first developed civilization in the region
- Arrive in Puno
- Transfer to your hotel
Night in Puno
DAY 7: LAKE TITICACA & ISLANDS TOUR
Breakfast And Transfer After an early breakfast at your Puno hotel, your professional tour guide will pick you up from your hotel to begin the full-day tour of Lake Titicaca and nearby islands.
Tour Itinerary and Highlights:
- Arrive on the shores of Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world
- Boat excursion to the Uros Floating Islands, a collection of man-made islands constructed from floating bundles of reeds
- Leisure time to shop for souvenirs in the market, and explore these floating wonders created by the Uros tribe to defend against rival tribes
- Two-hour boat ride across Lake Titicaca to Taquile Island, home of a Quechua community which continues the tradition of having the male residents produce fine handicrafts
- Leisure time to explore the UNESCO World Heritage site and take in the beauty of the surrounding areas from the citadel at the island’s peak
- Group lunch on Taquile Island
- Return boat ride to Puno
Evening At Leisure After our return to Puno at approximately 1700h (5:00pm), the rest of the evening will be yours to discover Puno.
Night in Puno
DAY 8: TRANSFER TO LIMA
At the appointed time, a representative will pick you up from your hotel and transport you to the airport to catch your plane to Lima. Upon your arrival, a representative will greet you and transport you to your hotel.
Night in Lima
DAY 9: TRANSFER OUT
At least three hours before your flight we will transport you to the airport to catch your flight home.